Director of Music
Lake Auburn Church is seeking a part-time Director of Music to help lead a vibrant and creative worship ministry.
The Moravian Church of Lake Auburn is seeking a part-time Director of Music to help lead a vibrant and creative worship ministry. Lake Auburn is a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled church with a simple approach to faith and life, striving together to live out the motto:
“In Essentials, Unity; in Non-Essentials, Liberty; and in All Things, Love.”
While our members appreciate traditional hymns and liturgy, there is genuine openness to a range of worship styles, music and creativity. A successful candidate must be familiar with sacred and secular music in a variety of styles, able to plan and coordinate music in collaboration with the Pastor, and demonstrate expertise in choral directing. Requires a high level of musicianship with exceptional keyboard skills, including proficiency at sight reading. Candidate will serve as principal musician, direct the Adult Choir, and provide opportunities for special music.
- Personal commitment to a vibrant musical program of Christian worship;
- Leadership ability, communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to inspire volunteers;
- A music degree or on-going coursework toward a degree, with completed coursework in choral directing (and/or verifiable experience as a choral director);
- Experience directing instrumental musicians / groups (ensembles);
- Knowledge of and openness to a range of musical styles: from jazz, folk, modern,popular, classical, and gospel, to world music; and
- Desire to learn, develop and grow in music ministry and musical skill.
Please submit a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Music” in the Subject Line
Or mail to:
The Moravian Church of Lake Auburn P.O. Box 160
Victoria MN 55386
Attn: Director of Music Search Committee
If you have any musical performances posted online that you would like to share with us, please include links to them in your application. You will receive an acknowledgement that we have received your application. Prior to hiring, applicants will be required to provide references, complete a background check, and offer at least one musical audition.
Fore more information we have posted the Position Description